Come out and lend a hand!
Be part of a terrific event, support great local charities, and have some fun! Volunteers are at the heart of the Achilles St. Patrick’s Day 5k Run/Walk. As an Achilles volunteer you will have the satisfaction of contributing to the hard-won accomplishments of our Achilles athletes. You will also be inspired by their courage and motivation, often in the face of very great obstacles.
Achilles Canada and its athletes are extremely grateful for the support of each dedicated volunteer. Your energy, drive and unwavering commitment continue to enable Achilles Canada to make a significant contribution to the overall well-being of each of our athletes. The event would not be possible without our volunteers. Thank you for your spirit of generosity and commitment to our athletes!
Please fill out the volunteer registration form to let us know how you can help.
Be part of the planning team
It takes a lot of work behind the scenes to make an event like this the success it is. There are many exciting positions on the planning team.
- Running club liaison
- Hospitality and VIP
- Race kit stuffing
Help on race day
Can you help on the day of the race? It takes hundreds of volunteers to make an event like this run smoothly. Which job suits you?
- Registration area
- Guide runners
- Setup/takedown crew
- Brunch area
- Operations crew
- Course monitor/course setup
- Crowd control/security
- Route marshals
- Water stations
Fill out our volunteer application
We’d like to hear from you. Please fill out our volunteer registration form! We will contact you soon.
Frequently asked questions
- How do I volunteer for the event?
- Do I need to have experience?
- Is there a minimum commitment?
- Can I volunteer with a friend or as a part of a group?
- Can youth (under 18 years of age) volunteer?
- Does volunteering for the run/walk qualify for high school community service hours?
- Do I get to choose where I volunteer or am I assigned a job?
1. How do I volunteer for the event?
Please complete our volunteer registration form and we will get back to you.
2. Do I need to have experience?
No experience is required. We have volunteer leaders who have lots of experience and can get you up to speed in no time.
3. Is there a minimum commitment?
There is no minimum commitment, but we do ask that you commit to stay for the time required to complete your assigned task.
4. Can I volunteer with a friend or as a part of a group?
Yes. We have lots of groups who volunteer together. Volunteering as a group is lots of fun!
5. Can youth (under 18 years of age) volunteer?
Yes, if they are accompanied by an adult.
6. Does volunteering for the run/walk qualify for high school community service hours?
Yes, it does. Each volunteer must bring their own form to be completed on the day of the race.
7. Do I get to choose where I volunteer or am I assigned a job?
You may choose a job in an area where we have openings.